We welcome families and students from every stage of their education to be a part of our learning community. Our dedicated admissions team will ensure a smooth and easy admissions process for you as per your requirements.
TIAD is pleased to announce that registrations for the 2021-22 academic year are now open for students from Pre Kg ( Age 3 Years) to Grade 12(17years).
To begin the admission process fill up the online enquiry form here or under the home page of The Indian Academy, Dubai. Complete the Online Student Enquiry & Registration. Once you complete the enquiry form, you will receive an acknowledgement with an online reference number and advice on the following steps.
Parents should pay the Registration Fee of AED 300/- online or by visiting the school to initiate the registration process.
- This fee is Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place, but the student chooses not to take it.
- Parents are required to provide the listed documents to complete the application.
Please note you are requested to upload the documents online. Due to the large volume of applications, we will not be able to accept these documents through email.
Our Academic team will review the child’s school reports and the child will be scheduled for an assessment/interview.
- Passport (Copies for child, father and mother)
- Residency visa page (Copies for child, father and mother – when available)
- Emirates ID card back & front (Copies for child, father and mother- when available)
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate in English (if in Arabic, please provide translated to English)
- Recent passport size photograph of your child
- Copies of your child’s last 2 years’ school reports for children entering Year 1 and above, last 2 years’ school reports and CAT 4 report for children entering Year 3 and above
- 6 months validity medical, therapy report, if your child is with special educational needs.
- Copy of your child’s immunization card
- Original Emirates ID of child and both the parents (will be required if your child is accepted into The Indian Academy Dubai)
- Transfer certificate or previous schools’ leaving certificate. (original will be required on or before your child’s first day at the school, if your child is accepted into Apple International Community School)
The above supporting documents are the minimum mandatory requirement to process your application.
Your child will be invited by the Admission Officer for an assessment or for an interview (when appropriate and if necessary) via email notification or phone.
CAT4 or INTERVIEW or WRITTEN ASSESSMENTS (when required) or the SCHOOL REPORT/CAT4 REVIEW will be evaluated.
Results will be notified via email or by phone.
Alternatives to an On Campus Visit Schedule a 1-on-1 Virtual Meeting with our Admissions Officer. Schedule a time slot for a call back or a virtual meeting with our Admissions representatives to assist and guide you through your child’s admissions journey. The virtual meeting will be through Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
Admission Officer will be sending confirmation letters to successful applicants, subject to seat availability.
- After the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer, an admission fee of AED 500/- along with Seat confirmation fee of 10% of the Tuition fee is payable either in cash or through credit card and is deductible from the tuition fees for the academic year.
- This is a non-refundable deposit and shall be payable within 10 working days to confirm the seat. If it is not paid within 10 working days, the admission will be moved to the waiting list and may only be available by turn.
- The tuition fee is payable in advance by 10 monthly instalments for all the grades from Pre-KG to Gr9. For Gr10 to Gr12, the tuition fee is payable in advance by 9 monthly instalments. Tuition fee is payable on or before 5th of every month.
- The Annual fees shall be payable before the beginning of the Academic Year or joining date.
It is important to note that admissions at this stage is subject to approval from the KHDA, where a routine document check is done. Subsequent to this admission will be regularized. Once the above process is completed student is officially enrolled.
AGE REQUIREMENTS GUIDELINES
TIAD places students in age-appropriate grade levels in accordance with the Ministry of Education/KHDA regulations.
Families are encouraged to use the country comparison chart below to ensure that they are applying to the correct grade level, taking into account the differences that exist in the naming of “grades” around the world.
If there are questions about the correct grade-level placement, please contact the Admission Team. Please note the new KHDA regulations for Pre KG and KG 1 application is April 2021/22 and the changes of age requirements: Click Here
|GRADE||Age(By July 31st of the academic year )||EFFECTIVE DATE|
|Pre KG||3 years||31-July-2021|
|KG 1||4 years||31-July-2021|
|KG 2||5 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 1||6 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 2||7 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 3||8 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 4||9 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 5||10 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 6||11 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 7||12 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 8||13 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 9||14 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 10||15 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 11||16 years||31-July-2021|
|Grade 12||17 years||31-July-2021|
Pre-KG : Student needs to be 3yrs of age by July 31st of the academic year.
- Students ability to act and respond to simple instructions
- All Pre-kg students are expected to be toilet trained before the start of the academic year
- Assessments for Pre-kg are based primarily on observation of the child at play, engaging her/him in conversation to observe communication skills, social development, manners and physical development
Grade 1 : Students applying for Grade 1 must complete 6 years by 31st July 2021 or Transfer Certificate to be submitted as per the regulations given below.
Grade 2 upwards : Transfer Certificate to be submitted as per the regulations given below.
Kindly note age criteria for next academic year (AY 2022-2023) is changing as per KHDA. Kindly visit KHDA website for further details. Admissions for Ay 2022-2023 will begin from August 1st,2021.
Transfer Certificate Guidelines:
Transfer certificate must be on official school letterhead and must contain the below information:
- Full name of student
- Date of birth
- Enrolment date and the year group when the child first started at the current school
- Present class
- Year/Grade completed
- Year/Grade promoted to
- School curriculum
- Principal signature and school stamp
If transferred from a school within the GCC (GCC Countries- Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman) or from another UAE Emirate, transfer certificate must be attested by the Ministry of Education.
Children coming from countries other than USA, Australia, Canada, Western Europe, Japan and New Zealand should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Educational Authorities (from country of TC origin),
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from country of TC origin).
Please note, as per the KHDA mandate, the following criteria need to be adhered to and an undertaking of acceptance and agreement to the below is required in order to confirm admission for your child.
- Any student transferring from schools inside Dubai shall be allowed to attend classes commencing from September of the new academic year only when the transfer certificate is received from the previous school, and registration has been completed with the original Emirates ID of the student and the parent (Sponsor).
- Any student transferring from other emirates of the UAE shall be allowed to attend classes commencing from September of the new academic year only when the transfer certificate from the previous school, duly attested by the Ministry of Education of that emirate, is received, and registration has been completed with the original Emirates ID of the student and the parent (Sponsor).
- Any student from outside the UAE shall be allowed to attend classes commencing from September of the new academic year upon submission of a leaving certificate, duly attested by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign affairs and the UAE embassy of the country of the previous school, and when registration has been completed with the original Emirates ID of the student as well as the parent (Sponsor).
Should you wish to speak with the Admission Officer for further information about the school or wish to make an appointment to meet with the Principal prior to completing an online application form.
Please phone +971 4 2646733
Email at email@example.com